If you have hardwood floors in your home, you know just how beautiful they can be. The problem is, however, that over time they can become dull, scratched and even damaged. In some more extreme cases the flooring can become splintered in spots and end up hurting your feet when you walk on it. Fortunately, there is no need to actually replace your hardwood floors in most cases. Instead, you can hire us to perform hardwood resurfacing.
Wood resurfacing is an affordable option that will quickly restore the look of your hardwood floors. In almost all cases we can get the flooring resurfaced and looking like new again in just one day. For many of our customers, this is the most economical way to get the great looking floors they want. We provide this service to people throughout Hudson County, Morris County, Passaic County and Bergen County, NJ.
How Wood Resurfacing Works
When you call us to come and resurface your hardwood floors, we will come with everything we need to get the job done. While hardwood resurfacing is a fairly easy concept, it does take a lot of experience to get it just right. The following is a basic overview of what we will do when we arrive to complete your wood resurfacing job.
1. The first thing we will do is clear out the room of any furniture or other items. This will give us all the room we need to work.
2. Next, we will seal up the room since this job makes a lot of dust and we don’t want it getting all over your home.
3. When ready, our professional resurfaces will take a resurfacing machine and run it all over the surface of your floors. This is essentially a sanding machine that will remove the top layer of the wood. This helps to even everything out, eliminate scratches, get rid of splintering and more.
4. Since the main machine can’t get right up to the corners, we have a special machine just for that. This essentially works the same general way as the main machine, but along the edges.
5. When the sanding is done, we’ll inspect the flooring closely to ensure everything is nice and smooth. If it is, we’ll begin the process of cleaning up and removing all the dust from the room.
6. Finally, we will use a high quality hardwood floor sealant. This helps to protect the wood so that it will look great for years to come.
Of course, there are many other little steps throughout the process, but this gives you a good idea of what we will do when you hire us for hardwood resurfacing. Compared to buying all new hardwood flooring, this is a faster, easier and much more affordable choice.
If you would like to schedule us to come out for wood resurfacing in your home, or you just have some questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can be reached by dialing 973-340-8283. We offer this service to people throughout Bergen County, Passaic County, Morris County and Hudson County, NJ.